Get Your Daily Dose of HomeScholar Wisdom

Homeschooling High School? Start Here!

Hi, I'm Lee Binz, The HomeScholar. This blog answers commonly asked questions about homeschooling high school.

Search a topic. Browse the Quick Links and Archives. Add a comment. Visit my website to learn about my Products and Services. Dig Deeper into some tough high school issues. Finally, shoot me an e-mail if there is a specific topic you would like to learn more about. Make sure you bookmark or subscribe to this blog because I update the content (almost) daily. Enjoy your visit!

Strap on Your Auxiliary Brain!

Kevin playing chess

My son Kevin is a chess genius. When he was in high school, he was ranked second in state even though he never had a chess coach like the other kids. Instead of a coach, my husband purchased a high-powered chess program for his Palm Pilot, and he would play Kevin while using the chess program. We used to tease my husband that he was "strapping on his auxiliary brain" when he played with the chess computer in his hand.

Sometimes Moms feel sick with worry about transcripts or course descriptions. If you want to do it yourself, but you are feeling a bit overwhelmed, you can use The HomeScholar as your "auxiliary brain!" We can talk over the phone, and discuss class titles, credit value, course descriptions, grading criteria, and anything else that is wearing you down. I'll give you the brain-power boost, and you can make your own transcript with the information you glean from our discussion. Remember that I don't judge your homeschool or evaluate your children, I'm just here to help if you need me!

1 comment:

Salar37_Shushan said...

Its great to know you are here. Seriously :)

Susan in Va