Get Your Daily Dose of HomeScholar Wisdom

Homeschooling High School? Start Here!

Hi, I'm Lee Binz, The HomeScholar. This blog answers commonly asked questions about homeschooling high school.

Search a topic. Browse the Quick Links and Archives. Add a comment. Visit my website to learn about my Products and Services. Dig Deeper into some tough high school issues. Finally, shoot me an e-mail if there is a specific topic you would like to learn more about. Make sure you bookmark or subscribe to this blog because I update the content (almost) daily. Enjoy your visit!

Early High School Credits on a Transcript

>>>>How do you do transcripts to reflect early high school credits?<<<<

Here is what I did:

http://www.thehomescholar.com/pdfs/Sample_Transcript_by_Year.pdf

If it was a high school course, and it was on my transcript, and my transcript was by year rather than by subject, then I called those classes "Early high school credits." I felt that gave colleges the option of using those classes or not using those classes, because I've heard that some do and some don't.

We did have some 8th grade classes on our transcript; Latin, French, Algebra, and Geometry.

Transcripts are very much an art rather than a science. With few hard and fast "rules" you just have to do your best.

I hope that helps,

Blessings,
Lee
www.TheHomeScholar.com
Sign up for my free email newsletter (http://tiniuri.com/c/TD)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this link is not working ...but I like your new blog anyway :)

Becky (shs)

The HomeScholar said...

Becky,
Thank you so much for letting me know. I fixed it! I appreciate your help!
Blessings,
Lee